2 Quarts of water
1 lb pig's foot, salted
1 lb salt beef
1 lb ham, uncooked
1/2 lb conch, pounded
1 lb fish, deboned
1 lb crabmeat
3 lbs spinich or 3 lbs mixed greens
hot pepper (optional)
- Soak meats overnight in cold water to remove excess fat and salt. Cook meat and conchs in 2 qts water till soft.
- When meat is half cooked, add fish and crab and continue cooking till meat is tender.
- Peel eggplant. Add to pot with meat mixture. When soft, remove and chop fine. Return to pot.
- Wash greens, and chop fine or put through grinder.
- Cut up okras and add with greens to meat and eggplant mixture.
- Cook till greens become a dark green color. Continue to cook about 5 minutes longer. Taste, add a little salt if needed, and hot pepper if desired. If mixture is too thick, add 1-2 cups water.
For the sauce
You will need an ice cream machine maker for this recipe! Find for as low as $50!
For Cauliflower Couscous
This process can take anywhere from 12 to 24 hours! Prepare night before for best results.
Sea Salt Chile & Lime Butter
Roasted Baby Carrots
FOR THE SAUCE
Chicken fried steak gravy
For the sauce:
Copyright © 2018-2021 Pueblo Supermarkets - All Rights Reserved.